Q&A is where you can ask research-related questions and get them answered by other specialists. It’s also the best place for you to share your knowledge, connect with researchers, and identify yourself as an expert in your field.
Here you’ll find advice on how to get the most out of Q&A, including asking a good question and getting the best answers.
ResearchGate’s Q&A recommendations take your unique set of skills and expertise into account to present you with the most relevant discussions in your field – you can find these questions under Questions we think you can answer on the right-hand side of your Q&A overview page. Make sure you keep your research skills and expertise up to date to get the best recommendations.
You can also browse questions and answers using the other three filters: Recent questions in your field, Questions you follow, and Questions you asked. You can search for topics using the searchbar on the right-hand side (pictured below), which will show questions which were tagged with that topic. You can also search ResearchGate to find more questions.
Before asking your first question on Q&A, please read the Guidelines here: https://explore.researchgate.net/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=14155852
If you see a question or answer that doesn't align with our guidelines, please see Reporting questions and answers to find out how to report it to us.
You can ask a question in Q&A in a few simple steps:
- Go to the Q&A overview page
- Enter your question in the box provided at the top of the page
- Click Ask
- If necessary, edit your question in the first field
- Enter an explanation in the second field and provide as much contextual detail as possible to help other researchers answer your question
- Attach resources that support your question, such as publications, images, graphs, or links (optional)
- Click Ask to post your question.
- Click on the blue Add new button at the top right-hand side of any ResearchGate page
- Select Question from the drop-down menu
- Enter the question and provide as much detail as possible in the box below
- Click the blue Ask button to post your question.
You can edit a question you asked in a few simple steps:
- Go to your question’s page
- Hover your mouse over the pencil icon next to the word Question and click Edit
- Make your changes to the question
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
To delete a question you asked, click the arrow in the top right-hand corner of your question page and select Delete. If any answers have been added to your question, you'll have to request its deletion.
You can also browse questions and answers using the other three filters: Recent questions in your field, Questions you follow, and Questions you asked. You can also search ResearchGate to find more questions.