Managing your email notifications
Our notifications are designed to keep you updated about what’s happening in your network. They also inform you when other researchers take an active interest in your publications or respond to a question you've asked.
Follow these steps to customize your notifications:
- Go to your Notification settings
- Check the boxes next to the notifications you want to receive.
Note: If you unsubscribe from all notifications you may still receive an email when your RG Score is activated (this occurs only once). You will also receive password reset emails if you forget your password.
Why am I still receiving emails after clicking 'unsubscribe' in an email?
Clicking on 'unsubscribe' in an email will only unsubscribe you from that particular email. Once you've unsubscribed from a particular email, you are in your Notification settings. Here you can select which notifications you want to receive. If you'd like to remove your account on ResearchGate completely, see Deleting your account.
Why am I receiving emails from researchgatemail.net?
Changing your login email address
It is possible to use a deactivated email address to log into your ResearchGate account as long as you can remember the password. This is how you can change the email address associated with your ResearchGate account:
1. Log in to ResearchGate using your current login email address
2. Click the arrow in the top right-hand side of any page
3. Click Settings
4. Under Email address, click Add additional email
5. Type in the email address you want to use as your login
6. Click Save
7. A confirmation email will be sent to your new email address. Click the link in this email to complete the verification process. If you encounter an error message "Oops! We couldn't find that token in our database", please make sure you are using the link in the latest email, as all previous links are invalidated. Check your spam folder and filters if you can't find any others.
8. Then go back to your Account Settings
9. Click the Set as login button next to the email address you've just added to make it the primary email address for your ResearchGate account.
Please remember – This is the email address you'll use when you next log in to ResearchGate.
Can I use multiple email addresses on ResearchGate?
Yes! Once you've signed up with your institutional email address you can add an additional email for correspondence. You can do this by going to your Account Settings page and following the steps above.
Not receiving the email confirmation?
If you haven’t received your email confirmation within 24 hours you can try the following options:
- Make sure the email did not end up in your junk mail folder.
- Go back to your Account Settings page and verify you've added your new login email address correctly.
- Add ResearchGate to your address book. Find out more.
- Contact your email administrator to ensure all emails from @researchgate.net or @researchgatemail.net can be received.
If you don’t want to receive certain updates from us anymore, you can edit your notification settings.
The link in my email doesn't work
Links in emails can often be blocked by the security settings of your email client, such as Outlook or Apple Mail. Normally, there is an option at the top of the email to allow links or pictures from this address. If there isn't, there is most likely a security setting that must be changed in your email client.
We also suggest that you add ResearchGate to your address book, which would prevent this from happening in the future. You can find out how to do this here: https://www.researchgate.net/application.EmailInstructions.html
As a workaround, you can also forward the email to any other email account you own which is not experiencing this issue, and click on the link there.