Once you’ve tried all of the above options, you can request another activation email on the Contact us page. Under Didn't find what you were looking for in the help center? select the option I would like to receive the account activation email again. Please fill in your email address, and click Send activation email. You should receive a new activation email within 5 minutes. If you have requested the activation email multiple times, please note only the latest link will be active. If you've tried all of these options and still haven't received the email, please Contact us.
What can I do if the link in my activation email doesn't work?
Links in emails can often be blocked by the security settings of your email client, such as Outlook or Apple Mail. Normally, there is an option at the top of the email to allow links or pictures from the sender address. If there isn't, there is most likely a security setting that must be changed in your email client.
We also suggest that you add ResearchGate to your address book to prevent this from happening in the future. You can find out how to do this here.
As a workaround, you can also forward the activation email to any other email account you own which is not experiencing this issue, and click on the link there.
How can I change my login email address?
It is possible to use a deactivated email address to log in to your ResearchGate account, as long as you can remember your ResearchGate password. This is how you can change the email address associated with your ResearchGate account:
1. Log in to ResearchGate using your current login email address
2. Click the arrow at the top right-hand side of any page
3. Click Settings, and then Account Settings
4. Under Email address, click Add additional email
5. Type in the email address you want to use as your primary login email
6. Click Add
7. A confirmation email will be sent to your new email address. Click the link in this email to complete the verification process. If you encounter an error message "Oops! We couldn't find that token in our database", please make sure you are using the link in the latest email, as all previous links are invalidated. Check your spam folder and filters if you can't find any others.
8. Then go back to your Account Settings
9. Click the Set as primary button next to the email address you've just added to make it the primary email address for your ResearchGate account.
What should I do if I entered the wrong email address on sign up?
If you signed up with an incorrect email address, please sign up again with the correct email. We cannot change the email address associated with your sign up. You may need to clear your cookies in order to sign up again.
Can I access ResearchGate content without an account?
We strongly believe that scientific results should be accessible to everyone. That's why you're still welcome to browse ResearchGate and discover content such as publications, jobs, and discussions if you aren't a researcher without being registered. Just go to Publications, Jobs, or Questions.