What is ResearchGate ResearchGate?
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. We help researchers connect and make it easy for them to share and access scientific output, knowledge, and expertise.
How is it useful?
ResearchGate connects you with content and researchers that you’ll find other researchers, helps you discover content valuable to your own work. Herework, and lets you make your own research visible. Here's how:
How to get started
- Connect with colleagues, co-authors, and specialists in your field
- Add your research to your profile to make it discoverable to by other researchers
- Add your current project to your profile to profile to share updates about what and get feedback on what you're working on right nowon
- Access publications and data that other researchers have sharedpublications and other work in your field and from your network
- Ask research-related questions and get answers from a unique community of experts
- Share your knowledge and expertise by answering questions
- Get stats on your work and find out who's been reading and citing it
- Explore the latest jobs matched to your researcher profile
- Share your preprints and other early work to get feedback from others before you publish it
Is ResearchGate a publisher?
ResearchGate is not a publisher and does not accept articles or papers for publication. Rather, members can track their publications, store private copies, and make their published or unpublished work publicly available on ResearchGate – if they have the rights to do so.
How do I get started?
Getting started with ResearchGate is easy – here’s a quick overview of what of what to do first:
If you haven't registered yet, start by visiting www.researchgate.net and clicking Join for free.
Complete your profileThe first step is to customize your profile and add your publications and research to it.
Once your account is created, complete your profile to start connecting with your colleagues and other researchers around the world. Here are some tips to get you started:
Once you've set up your profile, go to your Related researchers
Related researchers page to find people to follow.
Your Home Feed (Click on Home at the top left of any page)
home feed is where you can
'll discover the latest publications, data, and projects from your network. For more information about finding and claiming your own publications, see Authorship
research and other updates from your network. Simply click Home at the top left of any page to get back to your home feed.
Q&A (click on Questions at the top of any page)
is where you can ask research-related questions and
, get them answered by specialists. If
, and share your own expertise. If you haven’t got a question right now
to ask, try answering some – it’s a great way to start sharing
share your knowledge, connect with others, and identify yourself as an expert in your field. For more information about getting started, take a look at the sections above to find out how to sign up and how to build your network on ResearchGate
.To get to Q&A, click Questions at the top left of any page.