Forgot your password?
You can reset your password if you are logged in or logged out.
If you are logged in, you can reset your password in a few simple steps. Here's how:
1. Make sure you're logged into ResearchGate
2. Click the arrow next to the small thumbnail of your photo at the top of any ResearchGate page and click Settings
3. Click on Account settings from the menu on the right-hand side
4. Scroll down to the Password section and click on Forgot Password
5. You will be directed to a new page and prompted to type in your email address. You can type in either your login email address or your confirmed secondary email address. We Change password and then Forgot password?
4. Choose an email address and we'll send you a password reset link via email – please link to reset your password. Please follow the steps in the email to create a new password.
If you are logged out, you can reset your password by clicking the Forgot your password? link on the login page: https://www.researchgate.net/application.Login.html. You will be directed to a new page and prompted to type in your email address. You can type in either your login email address or your confirmed secondary email address. We'll send you a password reset link via email – please follow the steps in the email to create a new password.
Please note: Your password reset email may take some time to arrive in your inbox. If you have requested this email already and it hasn't arrived, we suggest that you add ResearchGate to your address book. You can find out how to do this here: https://www.researchgate.net/application.EmailInstructions.html.
Haven’t received the password reset email?
If you haven’t received your password reset email within 24 hours you can try the following options:
- Make sure the password reset email did not end up in your junk mail /spam folder.
- Add ResearchGate to your address book. Find out more.
- Reset your password again by clicking the Forgot your password? link on the login page.
- Contact your email administrator to ensure emails from @researchgate.net can be received.
I don't have access to my email address, and I've forgotten my password
For security reasons, we are unable to send password links to any email address other than the one you used to sign up with to give you access to your account if you cannot remember both your password and email address. If you are unable to access the email address you signed up with, we kindly ask that you sign up again with an active email address.
Once you have signed up successfully again, send us the links please see the page on Duplicate profiles for instructions on how to merge your accounts.
Please note that we can only transfer the publications to your new account and old account and we'll merge them for you
remove the old one. Profile views, followers, followings and questions will not be transferred.
I get an error when I enter my email address to reset my password
This could be happening because your account isn't yet active if you've recently signed up, or it may be expired. Please check your emails to make sure you've clicked on the link in activation email.the activation email.
Changing your password
You can change your password in a few simple steps:
- Make sure you’re logged into ResearchGate
- Go to your Account Settings page
- Scroll down to the Password section and click Change password
- Type your current password into the first text box and then type your new password into the second and third text boxes
- Check the box Remove and log out from all other devices if you think your account has been compromised in any way
- Click Save password to confirm your changes.
If you're logged in, but can't remember your password and need to change it, click on Change password and then Forgot password?