Managing your email notifications
Our notifications emails are designed to keep you updated about what’s happening in your personal network on ResearchGate. They also inform you when other researchers take an active interest in your publications or respond to a question you've asked.
Follow these steps to customize your notificationsemails:
- Go to your Notification settings
- Check the boxes next to the notifications emails you want to receive.
Note: If you unsubscribe from all notificationsemails, you may still receive reset emails when you forget your password. You may also receive other administrative communications, such as an email notification when your RG Score is activated (this occurs only once).
Why am I still receiving emails after I clicked 'unsubscribe' in an email?
Clicking on unsubscribe in an email will only unsubscribe you from that particular email type. If you want to unsubscribe from other types of emails, you must log in to ResearchGate and follow these steps:
- Go to your your Notification settings
- Unsubscribe from all email types or email categories that aren't relevant to you by unchecking the relevant boxes.
Please note: If you are logged in to ResearchGate, you will automatically be redirected to your your Notification settings to to make further changes. If you aren't logged in, you'll need to log in before making any changes.
Changing your login email address
It is possible to use a deactivated email address to log into your ResearchGate account as long as you can remember the password. This is how you can change the email address associated with your ResearchGate account:
1. Log in to ResearchGate using your current login email address, and then Account Settings
2. Click the arrow at the top right-hand side of any page
3. Click Settings
4. Under Email address, click Add additional email
5. Type in the email address you want to use as your login
Enter your password and click Add Click the
7. A confirmation email will be sent to your new email address. Click the link in this email to complete the verification process. If you encounter an error message "Oops! We couldn't find that token in our database", please make sure you are using the link in the latest email, as all previous links are invalidated. Check your spam folder and filters if you can't find any others.
8. Then go back to your Account Settings
Select Set as primary button
next to the email address you've just added to make it the primary email address for your ResearchGate account. Please remember –
This is now the email address you'll use when you
next log in to
logging into ResearchGate.
Can I use multiple email addresses on ResearchGate?
Yes! Once you've signed up with your institutional email address you can add an additional email. You can do this by going to your your Account Settings page page and following the steps above.
We send you notification emails from researchgatemail.net and researchgate.net. If If you receive ResearchGate notifications emails from any other address, don’t open the email or click on any links.
ResearchGate is having problems sending me notifications
If you have not been able to receive emails from us for a prolonged period of time, we now require that you add a working alternative email address to your account. The only way to access your account is to provide a new email address at which you can be reached.Not
Why am I not receiving the email confirmation?
If you haven’t received your email confirmation within 24 hours you can try the following options:
- Make sure the email did not end up in your junk mail folder.
- Some email clients have an automatic filtering option where emails can be sent to different types of folders and are easily hidden.
- Add ResearchGate to your address book. Find out more.
- Contact your email administrator to ensure all emails from @researchgate.net or or @researchgatemail.net can be received For more information on how to do this, see Managing your email settings. can be received
Once you’ve tried all of tried all of the above options, you can request another activation email here:
Contact us. Under Under What would you like to contact us about? select the option I would like to receive the account activation email again. Please fill in your email address, and click select Send activation email. You should receive a new activation email within 5 minutes. If you have requested the confirmation email multiple times, please note only the latest link will be active.
- If you've tried all of tried all of these options and still haven't received the email, please please Contact us.
How can I ensure I receive ResearchGate emails?
To keep receiving important updates and notifications emails from us, please add email@example.com to your safe senders list or whitelist. Learn more.
You can learn more about the promotional emails we send here.
If you have not been able to receive emails from us for a prolonged period of time, we now require that you add a working alternative email address to your account. The only way to access your account is to provide a new email address at which you can be reached. If you don’t want to receive certain updates from us anymore, you can can edit your notification email settings. I don't
Can I log into ResearchGate if I no longer have access to my email address, and I've forgotten my password?
For security reasons, we are unable to are unable to give you access to your account if you cannot remember both your password and email your password and also do not have access to your email address. If you are unable to access the email address you signed up with, we kindly ask that you sign up again with an active email address.
Once you have signed up successfully again, send us the links to your new and old account and we'll merge them for you, if you know the login emails for both your old and new accounts, you can merge them quickly and easily. Merging allows you to transfer all your publications (and some related data, such as citations and reads) from your old account to the new account. Your followers, followings, projects and questions cannot be transferred. The old account will then be removed.
Please note: When merging, you must keep the account that you can access.
Here's how to merge your accounts:
1. Log in to your new ResearchGate account
2. Visit the profile page of your old account
3. On the Experience tab of your old profile, select the Report profile button
4. In the pop-up window, select Report duplicate
5. Enter the email addresses associated with both of your accounts and select Save.
Your request to merge your accounts will be reviewed and you will receive an email confirmation from us when the merge has been completed.
If you cannot recall both of your login emails, please Contact us for further assistance.
Why does the link in my email doesn't
Links in emails can often be blocked by the security settings of your email client, such as Outlook or Apple Mail. Normally, there is an option at the top of the email to allow links or pictures from this address. If there isn't, there is most likely a security setting that must be changed in your email client.
We also suggest that you add ResearchGate to your address book, which would prevent this from happening in the future. You can find out how to do this here: https://www.researchgate.net/application.EmailInstructions.html
As a workaround, you can also forward the email to any other email account you own which is not experiencing this issue, and click on the link there.