What is ResearchGate?
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. We help researchers connect and make it easy for them to share and access scientific output, knowledge, and expertise.
How is it useful?
ResearchGate connects you with other researchers, helps you discover content valuable to your work, and lets you make your own research visible. Here's how:
- Connect with colleagues, co-authors, and specialists in your field
- Add your research to your profile to make it discoverable by other researchers
- Add your current project to your profile to share updates and get feedback on what you're working on
- Access publications and other work in your field and from your network
- Ask research-related questions and get answers from experts
- Share your knowledge and expertise by answering questions
- Get stats on your work and find out who's been reading and citing it
- Explore the latest jobs matched to your researcher profile
- Share your preprints and other early work to get feedback from others before you publish it
Is ResearchGate a publisher?
ResearchGate is not a publisher and does not accept articles or papers for publication. Rather, members can track their publications, store private copies, and make their published or unpublished work publicly available on ResearchGate – if they have the rights to do so.
How do I get started?
Getting started with ResearchGate is easy – here’s a quick overview of what to do first:
If you haven't registered yet, start by visiting www.researchgate.net and clicking Join for free.
Complete your profile
Once your account is created, complete your profile to start connecting with your colleagues and other researchers around the world. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Profiles with a photo receive an average of 150% more views on average, so it’s a good idea to add your photo from day one
- Add your skills and expertise so that other researchers and potential collaborators can find out what your work is about
- Add your institution and department to help us connect you with people you know on ResearchGate
- Import your contacts from your email address book to quickly connect with your connections on ResearchGate
- For more information on editing your profile information, see Account settings
- For more information on finding and claiming your own publications, see Authorship.
Once you've set up your profile, go to your Related researchers page to find people to follow.
Your home feed is where you'll discover the latest research and other updates from your network. Simply click Home at the top left of any page to get back to your home feed.
Q&A is where you can ask research-related questions, get them answered by specialists, and share your own expertise. If you haven’t got a question to ask, try answering some – it’s a great way to share your knowledge, connect with others, and identify yourself as an expert in your field.
To get to Q&A, click Questions at the top left of any page.