What is ResearchGate?
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. We help researchers connect and make it easy for them to share and access scientific output, knowledge, and expertise.
How is it useful?
ResearchGate connects you with content and researchers that you’ll find valuable to your own work. Here's how:
- Connect with colleagues, co-authors, and specialists in your field
- Add your research to your profile to make it discoverable to other researchers
- Add your current project to your profile to share updates about what you're working on right now
- Access publications and data that other researchers have shared
- Ask research-related questions and get answers from a unique community of experts
- Share your knowledge and expertise by answering questions
How to get started
Getting started with ResearchGate is easy – here’s a quick overview of what to do first:
Complete your profile
The first step is to customize your profile and add your publications and research to it.
- Profiles with a photo receive an average of 150% more views, so it’s a good idea to add your photo from day one.
- Next, add Add your skills and expertise so that other researchers and potential collaborators can easily find out what your work is about.
- On top of this, adding Adding your institution and department will help us connect you with people you know on ResearchGate, as will importing contacts from your email address book.
- For more information about editing your profile information, see Account settings
Once you've set up your profile, go to your 'Related researchers' page to find people to follow.
Your Home Feed (Click on Home at the top of any page) is where you can discover the latest publications, data and projects from your network. For more information on about finding and claiming your own publications, see Authorship.
Q&A (click on Questions at the top of any page) is where you can ask research-related questions and get them answered by specialists. If you haven’t got a question right now, try answering some – it’s a great way to start sharing your knowledge, connect with others, and identify yourself as an expert in your field.
For more information on about getting started, take a look at the sections above to find out how to sign up and how to best build your network on ResearchGate.