Here’s a quick summary of the main changes:
Terms of Service
- Section 1: General Information
Extra detail on the nature of our service (what we do).
Expanded our mission statement.
- Section 3: Scope of the Service
More info on what you can expect from our service.
- Section 4: User Obligations
A better explanation of your obligations in connection with the service we offer.
More points added to the list of prohibited actions.
- Section 8: Changes to the Service
Simpler explanations and language.
- Section 9: Changes to these Terms
Clearer guidance on how new terms come into effect and how you can object if you prefer not to accept them.
- Section 10: Term, Termination
To stop someone unauthorized from deleting your account, we may request an identity check.
- Section 15: Miscellaneous
Clearer guidance on providing a valid primary email address, and our process for emailing you with necessary notifications.
- Section 16: No warranty, release, and limitation of liability
For US users only, we added a new provision partially limiting our liability towards you as a user.
- Clearer structure to make it easier for you to understand how we process your data.
- Clearer explanation of which data we process for specific functionalities of the service, and on what basis.
- A new section that explains how we use relevant publicly available data.
If you agree with these changes, you don’t need to do anything. If you don’t, you’ll need to close your account on or before August 31, 2020.
Thanks for being part of our global network and helping us make research open to all.