December 1, 2021
We’re making a few updates to our Business Service Terms and Business Product Terms, primarily to make sure they cover changes in ResearchGate’s services, products, and features. Here’s a summary of the notable changes:
- New business products. We added a bunch of new product-specific terms to cover our new products.
- Covering campaign features. ResearchGate has always offered campaign features or add-ons — such as Institution Posts, Lead Collection, and, more recently, Events — as part of the business products we deliver. These features are now better explained in the terms.
- Delivery deadline. We introduced a simple ‘delivery deadline’ concept. If there’s a delivery deadline stated on your order, that’s the date by which all services on your order should be delivered.
- Updating definitions. To reflect changes in the way we sell and price things, we removed some old definitions and added some new ones. For example, we added a new definition relating to an eCPM pricing model.
- Limitation of liability. This updated section makes it clearer that neither party will have to compensate the other for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages.
To see all of the changes, we recommend you read the full terms.
These new terms become effective for all customers when they place their next order, or on December 31, 2021, whichever happens first.