Managing your email notifications
Our notifications are designed to keep you updated about what’s happening in your network. They also inform you when other researchers take an active interest in your publications or respond to a question you've asked.
Follow these steps to customize your notifications:
- Go to your Notification settings
- Check the boxes next to the notifications you want to receive.
Note: If you unsubscribe from all notifications you may still receive an email when your RG Score is activated (this occurs only once). You will also receive password reset emails if you forget your password.
Why am I still receiving emails after I clicked 'unsubscribe' in an email?
Clicking on unsubscribe in an email will only unsubscribe you from that particular email. Once you've unsubscribed from a particular email, you automatically redirected to your Notification settings. Here you can select which notifications you want to receive. If you'd like to remove your account on ResearchGate completely, see Deleting your account.
Why am I receiving emails from researchgatemail.net?
Changing your login email address
It is possible to use a deactivated email address to log into your ResearchGate account as long as you can remember the password. This is how you can change the email address associated with your ResearchGate account:
1. Log in to ResearchGate using your current login email address
2. Click the arrow at the top right-hand side of any page
3. Click Settings, and then Account Settings
4. Under Email address, click Add additional email
5. Type in the email address you want to use as your login
6. Click Save
7. A confirmation email will be sent to your new email address. Click the link in this email to complete the verification process. If you encounter an error message "Oops! We couldn't find that token in our database", please make sure you are using the link in the latest email, as all previous links are invalidated. Check your spam folder and filters if you can't find any others.
8. Then go back to your Account Settings
9. Click the Set as login button next to the email address you've just added to make it the primary email address for your ResearchGate account.
Please remember – This is the email address you'll use when you next log in to ResearchGate.
Can I use multiple email addresses on ResearchGate?
Yes! Once you've signed up with your institutional email address you can add an additional email for correspondence. You can do this by going to your Account Settings page and following the steps above.
ResearchGate is having problems sending me notifications
If you have not been able to receive emails from us for a prolonged period of time, we now require that you add a working alternative email address to your account. The only way to access your account is to provide a new email address at which you can be reached.
Not receiving the email confirmation?
If you haven’t received your email confirmation within 24 hours you can try the following options:
- Make sure the email did not end up in your junk mail folder.
- Some email clients have an automatic filtering option where emails can be sent to different types of folders and are easily hidden.
- Add ResearchGate to your address book. Find out more.
- Contact your email administrator to ensure all emails from @researchgate.net or @researchgatemail.net can be received For more information on how to do this, see Managing your email settings.
Once you’ve tried all of the above options, you can request another activation email here:
Contact us. Under What would you like to contact us about?, select the option I would like to receive the account activation email again. Please fill in your email address, and click Send activation email. You should receive a new activation email within 5 minutes. If you have requested the confirmation email multiple times, please note only the latest link will be active.
- If you've tried all of these options and still haven't received the email, please Contact us
If you don’t want to receive certain updates from us anymore, you can edit your notification settings.
I don't have access to my email address, and I've forgotten my password
For security reasons, we are unable to give you access to your account if you cannot remember both your password and email address. If you are unable to access the email address you signed up with, we kindly ask that you sign up again with an active email address.
Once you have signed up successfully again, send us the links to your new and old account and we'll merge them for you.
The link in my email doesn't work
Links in emails can often be blocked by the security settings of your email client, such as Outlook or Apple Mail. Normally, there is an option at the top of the email to allow links or pictures from this address. If there isn't, there is most likely a security setting that must be changed in your email client.
We also suggest that you add ResearchGate to your address book, which would prevent this from happening in the future. You can find out how to do this here: https://www.researchgate.net/application.EmailInstructions.html
As a workaround, you can also forward the email to any other email account you own which is not experiencing this issue, and click on the link there.