How do I edit my research item’s details?
Please note: Research with a ResearchGate DOI attached cannot be edited. Instead, you should remove the research completely, re-upload it with the correct details and then generate a new DOI for it. A DOI is a unique identifier - therefore any edits after its creation render the DOI invalid.
You can edit your Research item’s details by following these steps:
1. Go to the research item’s ResearchGate page by clicking on the title of the publication
2. Click on the blue arrow to the right of Share and select Edit from the drop-down list
3. Make the necessary changes
4. Click Save.
1. Go to your Contributions tab and click on the downward-facing arrow below and to the right of the Research item's title and select Edit from the drop-down list.
2. Make the necessary changes
3. Click Save.
Please note: Certain types of Research item cannot be changed to other types, like Data, or Research. These must be removed and re-uploaded as the correct type.
To edit author names:
1. Click Edit authors
2. Update the author information and click Request changes or Save.
If you are the creator of the publication and the sole claimant, you can modify the authors of your Research item instantly, otherwise, these changes will be reviewed manually and can take a small amount of time.
How do I remove research from my profile?
You can remove a research item or linked data from your profile. Here's how:
- Go to your Contributions tab
- Scroll down to the research item
- Click on the arrow next to Add resources
- Select Remove
- Select the relevant option
- Select your reason for removing
- Proceed by clicking on the relevant button.
Please note: If you didn't create the publication page, you will not have the option to remove it from ResearchGate entirely. You can, however, remove it from your profile.
How do I remove multiple items from my profile?
Here's how you can remove multiple items from your profile at the same time:
- Go to your Contributions tab on your profile
- Click Edit list above your list of research
- Select all items you want to remove from your profile
- Click Continue to remove them from your profile.
Please note: Publication pages for these items will only be removed from your profile but will still be visible on ResearchGate.
How do I sort my research items?
Once you’ve added or confirmed authorship of your research items, they’re listed under the Contributions tab on your profile.
To find a specific research item on your Contributions tab, use the sub-filters to filter by Research type. You can then sort by Newest, Oldest, Recently added, or Title using the options at the top of your list. These changes aren’t saved, so they’ll always be sorted by newest when you come back to the page. If you want to sort by type of Research, use the filters on the right-hand side of the list. Your Contributions are filtered by default to Research.
My article is not linked to its journal
Your publications must be attributed to the journals in which they were published. If no journal information is shown, then you’ll have to manually update the link:
- Click Edit above your publication's title
- Start typing the name of the journal into the Journal field, or enter the ISSN
- Select the correct journal from the suggestions that appear in the drop-down menu
- Click Save.
Why is the impact factor no longer displayed?
We no longer display journal metrics, like the impact factor, as they don't provide a reliable indication of the quality of any individual article or researcher published in the journal. Instead, we show your h-index and RG score, which takes your individual contributions into account. We are also looking into improving the publication and author-level metrics in order to better represent exactly how influential your research is.
I’ve found a duplicate research item
ResearchGate automatically merges publications where all information is identical, including title, date of publication, author list, and journal. Please note that if you have added both of the publications yourself or if the publication information is not identical in every way, they will not be merged automatically. Additionally, if one of the publications has a DOI, or both publications have different DOIs, we also don't merge them automatically.
Here’s how to report a duplicate publication:
- Go to your Contributions tab
- Scroll down to the research item that is a duplicate
- Click on the downward-facing blue arrow at the bottom of the item next to the Add resources link
- Select Report Issue from the options in the drop-down
- Select This is a duplicate of another item in my profile and click Continue
- In the box that appears, select which item you would like to be merged or search for it if you don't see it on the list (you can pick more than one item if necessary)
- Click Continue.
Please note: It can take up to 72 hours for the publications to be merged.
If you have duplicates and prefer to delete one of them, simply do so by following our instructions on Editing and deleting research