Before asking your first question on Q&A, please read the Q&A Guidelines
How do I edit a question I asked?
You can edit a question you asked in a few simple steps:
- Go to your question’s page
- Hover your mouse over the pencil icon next to the word Question and click Edit
- Make your changes to the question
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Why was my question edited?
To keep Q&A relevant, we may edit your question for language and other inconsistencies. For minor edits, such as typos or grammar changes, you’ll be notified on-site. For larger edits, you’ll receive an email. To avoid these types of edits, please make sure your questions are in clear, concise English, and that they are phrased as a question.
How do I delete a question I asked?
To delete a question you asked, click the arrow in the top right-hand corner of your question page and select Delete. If any answers have been added to your question, you'll have to request its deletion.
How do I delete an answer I added?
To delete an answer you added, click the arrow in the top right-hand corner of your answer and select Delete.
Why was my question deleted?
Questions may be deleted if they belong to one of the following categories:
- General knowledge questions that can be quickly answered using a search engine
- Broad, vague, or unscientific (e.g. personal stories)
- Job applications (search for jobs on ResearchGate)
- Duplicates of previous questions
- Requests for copyrighted material (e.g software, books, publications - find out how to request a full-text)
- Private messages (find out how to send a private message)
Please note that questions relating to the general use of ResearchGate are also removed.
To make sure that your questions remain visible and helpful to other researchers, please ensure that they are specific, concise and of a scientific nature.
Why can't I delete my question?
Q&A is a collaborative approach to problem-solving, and a successfully answered question is a valuable resource for other researchers. Because of this, we'd like to keep your question visible so that other researchers can see it and learn from it, and perhaps add their own comments. However, if you request, we may close the question so that no further comments can be added.
You can edit the question you asked by clicking on the pencil icon above your question to remove any information that you wish to conceal, or make minor corrections.