I have two profiles - why did this happen and how can I fix it?
Duplicate profiles are sometimes created because of the various ways you can sign up to ResearchGate. If you have two ResearchGate accounts, you can merge them quickly and easily. Merging allows you to transfer all your publications (including their related data, such as citations and reads) from your duplicate account to the account that you want to keep. The duplicate account will then be removed.
Please note that removing the duplicate account is irreversible so be careful when choosing which account to delete.
To merge your accounts:
- Log in to the ResearchGate account you want to keep
- Visit the profile page of your duplicate account
- Visit the profile's Info tab and select the Report profile button
- In the pop-up window select Report duplicate
- Enter the email addresses associated with both of your accounts and select save.
Your request to merge your accounts will be reviewed and you will receive an email confirmation from us when the merge has been completed.
Please note that profile views, followers, followings, and questions will not be transferred.
For more information about reporting duplicates, see Reporting duplicate publications and profiles