How do I create a project?
Creating a project is quick and easy. Here’s how:
- Click in the top right-hand corner of your profile
- Select Project from the blue box that appears
- Enter a title and your project goal
- Click the blue Add project button
- Select the people you are working with as collaborators
- You can only add members of your network to your project. Your network includes your co-authors, your department colleagues, your institution colleagues, and researchers who follow you
- If you select anyone by mistake, simply click their name to deselect them
- Once you’ve selected your collaborators, click the blue Add collaborators button
- Is this an ongoing project? If yes, select Yes, this project is being worked on actively, enter a Hypothesis or select Skip
- Click No, this project isn't being worked on anymore if the project isn't being worked on currently, enter the project's start and end date and then select Continue
- You and your collaborators can now share updates about your project from your project page.
My project has been archived, how do I activate it?
If you are the project creator and would like to re-activate your project:
- Go to the project's page and click on the arrow next to Add update on the right-hand side
- Select Edit project details
- Select the box Yes, this project is being worked on actively
- If you wish, choose a start and end date
- Click Save
How do I edit my project's details?
Project creators and collaborators can edit the project title and description, or add collaborators, references, and methods at any time. To edit your project details:
- Go to your project page
- Once there, click on the blue arrow next to Add update
- Select Edit project details from the drop-down menu
- Edit your details and then click Save
How do I delete my project?
If a project is now finished, you can enter an end date. We will be introducing a way to clearly indicate that a project has ended in the near future. Removing a project is quick and easy, but note that you can only delete a project that you have created. Here's how:
- Click on the title of your project to take you to the project page
- Once there, Click on the arrow next to the Add update button
- Select Delete project from the drop-down menu
- Then select Delete project again to confirm.
How do I add and remove collaborators?
- Go to your project page
- Once there, next to Add update there is a blue arrow
- Select Edit collaborators, and type their names into the field provided
- You can only add members of your network to your project. Your network includes your co-authors, your department colleagues, your institution colleagues, and researchers who follow you.
- If you select anyone by mistake, simply click on the x next to their name to deselect them
- Once you’ve selected your collaborators, click the blue Save button
- Your list of collaborators is now updated.
Note: The order of collaborators in a project cannot be changed. The project creator is always listed first.
How do I leave a project?
To remove yourself from a particular project:
- Click the title of the project to take you to the project page.
- Once there, next to Add update there is a blue arrow. Click on this arrow and a drop-down menu will appear with the option to Edit collaborators
- Click on the small x next to your name
- Click Save.