Managing your account settings couldn’t be easier. To get started, click on the arrow in the top right-hand corner of any page next to your profile picture and select Settings. From here you can manage your author names, password, email addresses and notification settings. This is also where you can choose who can see what on your profile. For more information about your profile, see Profile.
You can change your password in a few simple steps:
- Make sure you’re logged into ResearchGate
- Go to your Account Settings page
- Scroll down to the Password section and select Change password
- Type your current password into the first text box, then type your new password into the second and third text boxes
- Click Save password to confirm your changes.
If you need to reset your password, please log out first and select Forgot password? on the login page here https://www.researchgate.net/home
You can change your account name in a few easy steps:
- Go to your Profile Settings page
- Click on the Edit name button below Name information
- Update your name in the box that appears
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Note: Due to security reasons you can only change your name three times within a 30-day period.
Have you published under a different name or multiple names? If your author name (the name you've published under) doesn't match your account name exactly, your publications can sometimes be put into a queue while we manually verify authorship. To avoid this, you can either edit your account name or add an alternative author name.
Duplicate profiles are sometimes created because of the various ways you can sign up to ResearchGate. If you have two ResearchGate accounts, you can merge them quickly and easily. Merging allows you to transfer all your publications (including their related data, such as citations and reads) from your duplicate account to the account that you want to keep. The duplicate account will then be removed.
Please note that removing the duplicate account is irreversible so be careful when choosing which account to delete.
To merge your accounts:
- Log in to the ResearchGate account you want to keep
- Visit the profile page of your duplicate account
- Visit your duplicate profile's Experience tab and select the Report profile button
- In the pop-up window select Report duplicate
- Enter the email addresses associated with both of your accounts and select save.
Your request to merge your accounts will be reviewed and you will receive an email confirmation from us when the merge has been completed.
Please note that profile views, followers, followings, and questions will not be transferred.
- Go to your Account Settings page
- Under Email address, click on Add additional email
- Type in the email address you want to use as your login
- Enter your password and click Add
A confirmation email will be sent to your new email address. Click the link in this email to complete the verification process. If you encounter an error message "Oops! We couldn't find that token in our database", please make sure you are using the link in the latest email, as all previous links are invalidated. Check your spam folder and filters if you can't find any others
Then go back to your Account Settings
Click the Set as primary button next to the email address you've just added to make it the primary email address for your ResearchGate account.
If you haven't received the email to verify your new email address, we suggest that you add ResearchGate to your address book. You can find out how to do this here: https://www.researchgate.net/application.EmailInstructions.html
You should also contact your email administrator to ask them to whitelist all emails from researchgate.net.